Take a deep breath and think about it.

I used to call myself "little Miss Cranky-Pants". Over the last few years, I've change my outlook on life and am happier than before, but still working on my issues (aren't we all?) This is where I display and comment on the views of today, funny posts and constant chronicles of my annoying weight loss.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Obama Infanticide craziness, Part 1

I must use my siblings in this blog and the next. First, here is the argument in question; the next blog will be my opinion.

These are in responses to the video entitled: "A vote for Obama is a vote for infanticide"

Brother #1
Oh Good God. First of all, the many ways to change Obama's name (NObama,PRObama, etc) are ridiculous. So here are a few good ones for McCain: McCAN'T McSame McCorpse
and I love that whole "Obama is close to OSAMA!" Well, Palin is 2 letters away from STALIN. So there.

Now. The debate about abortion is one that will go on for many years, so to say a vote for Obama is infanticide could easily be turned into "A vote for McCain is mass murder", since he wants to keep us fighting in Iraq even if it takes "100 years". The fact that you kill more living cells in your body while picking your nose than during an early (when you SHOULD) abortion doesn't
really matter because to those who get their panties in a bunch about it, it's all about the religious aspect. God endorsed infanticide when he killed all the firstborn didn't he? Oh wait....we'll just gloss over that.

Well, you know, "God" aborts babies all the time. That's what a miscarriage
is. The Body's way (or God's if you prefer) way of telling you "Nope. This
pregnancy isn't happening". Now, since almost 15% of pregnancies end in
abortion, it seems to me that maybe you should be boycotting God, since he
aborts babies more than anyone else single-handedly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brother-in-Law's response:
Until you come over to Iraq and serve your country. Don't speak about Iraq. People and this includes my immediate family have no idea what goes on over here. Even the media has really now idea what goes on over here. Evrytime the media comes here they get the "Dog and Pony Show". So if McCain is voted President and I have to keep coming over here, I will and I know theres a hell of a lot of soldiers willing to do the same. I would much rather fight terrorist over here in Iraq, then at home in the United States. GOD BLESS AMERICA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sister's Response:
So which is the greater evil... a baby born ALIVE, being abandoned IN A HOSPITAL and left to die while he is able to be saved, or me having chicken soup for dinner? Secondly, PLEASE get your facts straight. No abortions happen before a heartbeat because the heart beats at around 18 days from CONCEPTION, about the time you might wonder IF you are pregnant. No one said
anything about God in the original post... I wonder if maybe YOU don't use him as an excuse?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brother's Response again:
"The baby's heart beat can be detected as early as 8 weeks but almost always by 10 weeks." "Fetuses are not capable of feeling pain at the beginning of the fetal stage, and will not be able to feel pain until the third trimester" ---The American Pregnancy Association. THAT ASIDE...

"So which is the greater evil... a baby born ALIVE, being abandoned IN A HOSPITAL and left to die while he is able to be saved, or me having chicken soup for dinner?"

I don't really know what you were trying to say here. I assume you were alluding to my veganism again, but the argument doesn't really hold any water. A baby being born alive and left for dead (so NOT aborted, but abandoned) versus eating chicken soup. Well, while I disagree with eating meat...I don't eat babies. I don't see your point here.

Yes, I DID bring up God. I clearly stated that the reason I did was because being pro-life goes hand-in-hand with being religious. It's the religious aspect that gets people so fired up about it. Whether or not Obama gets elected or McCain gets elected, abortions will keep happening, because they are legal, save for partial-birth which are and SHOULD be illegal.

Now in asking me to always get my facts straight, you have a knack for writing random blog posts, emails, or posts that spout horrendous allegations (such as the infancticide remark), which are both untruthful and massiveley embellished. Then, when someone disagrees with you, your response is usually "Well YOU don't KNOW, all you know about is what Jon Stewart tells you!". It's getting old.

A vote for Obama is NOT INFANTICIDE. If someone votes for Obama it does not in ANY way, mean that person WANTS TO KILL BABIES. That it the most extreme example of boiling everything down to black and white. but these subjects, much like the ones I would retort to Jason about the army and the republican party, goes by the traditional thought process of "doing what you're told, even if it sounds ridiculous". The army kills people everyday, often people whose danger to America and the soldiers themselves is questionable. The U.S. army often kills civilians and then says "Whoops, our bad". So the whole throw yourself in front of the tank for babies" argument is more than a little hypocritical.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Mamaclsn said…

    Wow, you must really have nothing to do, except insert yourself into other people's conversations.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Gibulet said…

    Actually, no. It was posted publically on myspace.

    A blog seemed easier and better way to express my views, as I am sure you do on your blog. The second half of the post explains why I feel like I do, and why I don't see why you two keep fighting. In this instance, you did actually ask for the opinion of Obama supporters, so that opened the door for Dann. Normally though, I would suggest that if you post something he doesn't agree with, he should just leave it and vice-versa since it always leads to an argument instead of an exchange of ideas. A lot of people in this family have a difference of opinion, and if we have to, we just don't talk about some things becuase there is no point.

    I am not touching Dann and Jason's fight with a 20-foot pole, as I don't have adequate information about the specifics they are discussing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home