Take a deep breath and think about it.

I used to call myself "little Miss Cranky-Pants". Over the last few years, I've change my outlook on life and am happier than before, but still working on my issues (aren't we all?) This is where I display and comment on the views of today, funny posts and constant chronicles of my annoying weight loss.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Our Phone Call from Barack Obama



On Saturday, November 1, Barack Obama held a conference call with over 20,000 of his grass roots campaign volunteers and organizers. I am proud to say that due to my Aunt Mary's outstanding work in the Auburn area chapter of the Obama campaign, two of my aunts, my mother, two sisters and myself participated in this call.

We huddled around a cell phone in a hotel room, straining to hear this great man congratulate and thank all of us for the support and tremendous help on his behalf. He asked us to continue on Monday, to get out the vote to everyone we could and help all who may need help getting to the polls. He said how proud he was of all of us; how humbled it made him. He swore that he would not disappoint us. A few of us cried.

This was a once-in-a-lifetime moment. He took time out from the last crucial period of his two-year long campaign to personally thank over 20,000 of the men and women who have believed in him so much that they took time away from their lives to support his vision of change in America. I have never been more proud of my country.

As promised, we all spent half of the day Monday walking door-to-door hanging fliers on voters' doors reminding them to get out and be heard on November 4th. I spent over an hour in line to cast my vote, and I have never been more sure that I cast it for the right person.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home