Take a deep breath and think about it.

I used to call myself "little Miss Cranky-Pants". Over the last few years, I've change my outlook on life and am happier than before, but still working on my issues (aren't we all?) This is where I display and comment on the views of today, funny posts and constant chronicles of my annoying weight loss.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Prop. 8 view, Part 1


This was posted by someone I love, which only makes it harder to believe and more painful to read. My opinion and response will be the immediate next blog.


---"I didn't write this, but I completely agree. HAHA we'll see if any "executive orders" get handed down about this..."

Okay...a lot of people are blogging about Prop 8 (same sex marriage). The protesters call it discrimmination. Sorry, that's not it.

This all started during the AIDS scare and outbreak, when gay couples wanted access to sick and dying friends in the hospital. I'm all for this. Sign a contract. Make legal arrangments. Anyone can make a legal document to give another person an executor, trust, or partnership role in matters such as these. You don't have to be married. (By the way - I have personally watched people die of AIDS when I was a deputy sheriff working the jail hospital. So don't think I'm coming from some ill-informed, insensitive frame of reference.)

When this was pointed out, the gay rights movement changed the montra. Now it's "civil rights" and "discrimination". No, it's not. Any gay person can marry. They just have to marry the opposite sex.

People can't marry animals or several partners...or their siblings. Why? Because this causes problems in society which people once understood. It was common sense at one time. Now we have blurred morality...blurred sense...it's all about the entitlement attitudes of today's American left.I have gay friends. I respect those people. I want them to be happy. But I don't want them to hijack traditional marriage. What is wrong with Civil Unions? Or call it Gay unity or whatever. Most people have no problem with this. We're all God's children.The bottom line is that homosexual people are not entitled because of some perceived "right".

The idea of Gay marriage has been on the California ballot TWICE now. Both times Californians have rejected it. That's how democracy works. This is a democratic republic. You can't keep trying to force your ideology and agendas on the people through activist courts. Elections are how people in a free society govern their country.I am sick and tired of the arguements in favor of gay marriage. They point to the high divorce rates, single parent familes, etc. Pointing to flaws in the current system is not a route to radicalizing, hijacking and changing it to something else.It is my opinion that liberalism is the cause of these issues in the first place. To "fix" them with more liberalism is to throw gas on an already burning fire.

When did traditional marriage begin having problems? Was it around the same time, liberalism gained strength in America? Was it at the dawn of feminism in the 60's along with "free love" and liberalism...? That's right, it was. Liberalism promotes "if it feels good, do it." Everything goes, unless it's traditional. If it's traditional, somehow it's "ignorant" or not progressive or racist or sexist or discrimination or any number of buzz words the loud left can come up with to get their way.

Last year, we couldn't say "Merry Christmas". When I was a kid, moms stayed home with the children and raised their families while dad worked. In those days people could afford to buy a house and pay all the bills on one salary. Now, we have both parents working several jobs and we still can't pay all the taxes.And we're going to dig ourselves out of this hole by allowing two dudes to get married? We solve this by allowing kindergarten teachers to hand out "The Two Kings" and indoctrinate kids about how it's okay for two guys to be married? Now respect my opinion and my beliefs. Respect the election and democracy. Knock off the "discrimination" bullshit because it's not.

Marriage is for one man and one woman, so they can have a biological family, and continue the human race. That's how mother nature designed it. That's how it's supposed to be. Go get hitched in a ceremony among your friends, put together some legal documentation for your living Will and call it whatever you want. Leave marriage alone. (Let me just add...thats how GOD designed it to be!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home